As I started into blogging for 2015, I wrote about my desire to include more of the everyday. I’ve definitely done that, but my current everyday is mostly revolved around our little bean. I have enjoyed the consistency of my weekly updates, and I think the goal of keeping family up-to-date with what’s happening has succeeded. I’m happy with how it’s going.
One thing I have realised in doing the updates is that I enjoy the routine of things. Even when I look at my blog roll of other blogs I read, I know that there are certain posts that bloggers do every week and I’m drawn to them. So I thought a bit about that and decided to try to do a Friday Fun post. Basically all it is is a recap of the week’s fun and randomness all written out on a Friday because…well everyone loves Fridays right?
So we’ll see how we go. Here’s Friday Fun #1.
- Obviously a big thing that happened this week was seeing our little one on the ultrasound. Since then, though, I literally cannot stop looking at the photos. I have one as my lock screen on my phone, and every time I turn my phone on, I get this giddy, smitten feeling. Honestly, it sort of reminds me of when Robbie and I first got together and had our first few pictures snapped together. I was home for Christmas, and I just kept looking at them. Giddy, in love, smitten. Oh man, I can’t imagine what it’ll be like when I am holding this cutie!
- Another baby related thing – I have continued in my nesting mode hunting for a little dresser and rocking chair for baby’s corner of our room. “Nobody puts Baby in a corner” doesn’t apply here – haha. I’ve found some promising leads on Gumtree. The one thing I am doing tons of research on, though, is a car seat. It’s not something I want to buy secondhand as it’s such a safety thing! I think we’ve also decided not to do the infant capsule but to get a convertible seat that goes from birth to four years. I am thankful for safety reviews that are easily found online! Back to baby’s corner – here’s some of my inspiration from Pinterest so far…
- My husband shared at our Public Meeting on Wednesday night. He’s pretty great. I always like when he shares :) Hopefully the podcast will be up soon, but if you’re in the mood for a great podcast in the meantime, check out this one from my Senior Pastor who spoke at our Public Meeting a couple weeks ago.
- We played a game with some friends last night called Heads Up! We sort of played it while we were home over Christmas, but we weren’t keeping score or anything. We played girls against guys, and we were on fire! Go girls! It is such a fun game, though, and once I got home, I had to quickly pay the $1 to get it on my phone! Here’s more about it if you’re on the hunt for an awesome new game.
- Who watched the Oscars on Sunday night (Monday morning here)? It was fun to watch, but I will say that I was a little disappointed with Neil Patrick Harris. I normally think he is so, so funny, but it just didn’t really seem to flow this year. I loved Ellen last year, and I thought she was creative, hilarious and fun. I was surprised by some of the winners, but I was SO stoked for Eddie Redmayne winning Best Actor. Robbie and I watched The Theory of Everything last week, and I was blown away by his performance!
- How are we 2 days out from March? Seriously? How did that happen? I am excited for March, though. Sunday is going to be such a full day. I am hitting up the Baby Markets with my friend first thing, followed by a friend’s daughter’s 1st bday party and then there’s a huge carnival happening in town. It’s also supposed to be 36 degrees…I may need to find some air conditioning or a pool that day!
That’s all for now! Happy Friday!