This week has flown by, and now it’s Friday and quite possibly the most perfect weather. It’s so beautiful – cool enough to wear jeans but blue skies and plenty of sunshine. Thank you, Fall – I love you!
- I found this recipe on Pinterest, and I made it on Monday. OH.MY.CHOCOLATE. If you love chocolate, you have to make these. I had to give most of them away for fear of sending my unborn child into a chocolate coma.
- On Monday night, I had my first bout of pregnancy insomnia. Sleep just wasn’t happening, and unfortunately, I had to be up extra early on Tuesday morning because I was worship leading for the base. Bad combination. I woke up feeling quite nauseous after getting only a few hours of sleep. However, God really came through and helped the time to go well. I was able to grab a coffee and have a rest later that day.
- A funny thing happened during worship. I was doing the song “It Is Well” by Bethel, and I got off to a rocky start but at verse 2 rather than verse 1. My brain was SO confused. I cannot explain it other than an explosion of pregnancy brain. I started the 2nd verse, thinking I was singing the 1st, and I remember looking at the paper thinking, “This isn’t right!? What is happening? Those aren’t the words but I am singing them…I am so confused.” I seriously wish there could have been a voice over because what was happening in my brain during those few moments was hysterical. Fortunately all the chords are the same and the bridge and outro come out of the chorus and not a verse. Wednesday night was better haha!
- On Wednesday night, I was sitting on the couch and babe kicked SO hard. It was hilarious. I am not sure what they were doing in there but Robbie felt and it was awesome. I am sure that the kicking and moving may get old at some point, but right now, I am still blown away every time.
- How funny is this meme? I think the burger actually looks gross, but this pregnant-burger-loving-girl had to appreciate the humour.
- Robbie and I started watching Parks & Recreation. I am not sure about it yet, but we are only in the first season. I absolutely hated the first season of The Office, but once we got through that, I found it pretty funny. Hopefully this happens again?
- I just remembered last night that Insurgent comes out this month. I am so excited. Who wants to go see it with me?
- Today we received a package from home, and I don’t think I have ever seen a package travel that fast. My nephew works at FedEx and shipped it that way for the first time. It was awesome. It had baby stuff, maternity stuff, old stuff of mine that I couldn’t fit last time, some random toiletry stuff and these awesome blue vintage mason jars. Packages must be a love language…or at least mail is. It’s always exciting getting something through snail mail when everything these days seems to be quick and online.