Happy Friday! This week seemed to fly by, but it’s been a great week.
- Last week, I didn’t post much other than the weekly pregnancy update. It was Easter weekend, and our schedule was a little different. We were able to go to both of our church’s Easter weekend services, one on Good Friday and one on Easter Sunday. They did such a great job, as they always do. The Good Friday service really left you in a place to reflect on all that Jesus has done for us, and the Easter Sunday service was just a beautiful celebration. I really love my church here, and I am so thankful to be a part of the community there.
- We also spent a bit of the weekend preparing for Robbie’s school to start. He is leading our School of Communications and Digital Influence, which has 6 students participating. There’s quite a bit that goes into leading a school, but the outcome is also so incredible. Being the wife of the school leader is like being the built-in staff, so I helped him get the welcome stuff ready, the training room setup and the booklets all bound together. They arrived on Monday and officially started on Tuesday.
- On Tuesday morning, Robbie and I led worship together. I can’t point out enough how different things feel this quarter than last. There’s fewer people, but it’s a more significant difference because the season has changed, outdoor activities are a bit different and it’s just a new time. I still want to write about that soon – changing seasons.
- On Wednesday night we had Chad Johnson from Come&Live share at our weekly Public Meeting. I can’t wait for that podcast to be available because I really think everyone should have a listen. He shared such an inspiring, yet humble message. I came away being encouraged to think most about obedience to God more than the outcome of my obedience.
- Last night, Robbie and I had his school over to hang out, and we had several rounds of Table Topics. Have you heard of those? Robbie’s sister got them for him for Christmas one year, and we have 3 different versions now. It’s essentially a box full of cards with ice breakers on it. It made for some fun conversation, and it allowed us all to get to know one another better.
- Today, I spent the majority of the day traveling to Sydney to get a Bridging Visa that allows us to travel to Robbie’s sister’s wedding next week. We had been putting it off because our visa seems to be SO CLOSE. However, today was really the last day to do it without majorly pushing it, so I took it down to Sydney in person. Now I am praying instead of granting the Bridging Visa, they’ll just grant the Permanent Residency Visa. I am SO ready to be a Permanent Resident. It’s been 16 months, and I am ready to celebrate. I am ready for not only us personally to have this victory, but I am ready for Julianne (our Training Director and Immigration person and a good friend) to have this victory, I am ready for YWAM Newcastle and YWAM Australia to have this victory. I feel like it’s really much bigger than just Robbie and I. We have seen so many people support us through this process, and this usually introverted girl is ready to throw a BIG ‘OL PARTY! I am so ready. Please pray with us for this visa to be granted!