What am I looking forward to this week?
1) Hair Fun My friend Emily has done my hair for several years since I have been here in missions, and she’s so talented with it. I love that she is up for anything – even if I sometimes play it safe. She chopped it off about a month ago and added some highlights, and she is going to add some more tonight. I’m excited to just go for things because I think it’ll be fun and worth the try. My history is getting too nervous and fearful. Well forget that. I’m going for it!
2) God Chats & Greys My friend Hayley, more commonly referred to by me as ‘Flopsa’, and I have been watching Grey’s together. I am totally caught up with the current season, and I have had fun catching her up and seeing her react to different dramatic moments. Before we dive into our normal Grey’s viewing party, though, we have decided that we are going to chat about what God has taught us first – just in the last two days…not forever. I love this girl and her friendship! She was one of my first friends when I came to Australia nearly 5 years ago!
3) Steve Aherne The National Director of YWAM Australia will be at our base this week. I love when Papa Steve comes to our base. I really feel honoured to hear from him when he shares at different meetings throughout the week. I’m also excited to share a story I heard a few months back about how the person who told me about YWAM found out about YWAM >>> it has to do with Steve. Such a cool story!
4) Rahab I am heading out with our brothel ministry this week. I have taken a bit of a hiatus at the start of this year, but I am so excited to get back into it. God has been doing so much through this ministry! A friend who was on staff with us last year is also here this week and will be heading out with us. Pray that God moves in these places and speaks through us!
5) Good Friday & Easter Services This Friday is Good Friday, followed by Easter on Sunday. I love that our church really emphasises this by making services that are not just entertaining with good music and story, but they really pray into these times and focus on reaching as many people in our city as possible. It’s been a massive blessing to be a part of my church, and I can’t wait to be a part of these services this weekend!