What am I looking forward to this week?
1) Roadtrip to Queensland We are going on a road trip, and by we, I mean our entire base. An opportunity came up last week, and we are taking it. We’ll be driving up on a big charter bus VERY early tomorrow morning, arriving near the Gold Coast around 4pm. We’ll get to have a big pizza party with several other YWAMers and a special service before sleeping at a church and returning south the next morning. A quick but awesome opportunity. Check back later this week for a recap!
2) Meeting Loren Cunningham Part of the trip tomorrow will involve getting to meet Loren Cunningham and hearing him speak. I am so thrilled. If you aren’t sure who Loren Cunningham is, he’s the founder of YWAM and one of the great heroes of modern missions. I missed seeing him at the Jubilee in Canberra 4+ years ago by only about 10 days, so to say I am excited that this opportunity has become available is an understatement. Loren is one of the few people in the world who has been to every nation on the planet, and he has authored several books, most notably the story of YWAM’s beginnings called Is That Really You, God? I highly recommend this book – not just to learn about YWAM but to learn about pioneering, dreaming, hearing God and so much more.
3) May Did you know it’s almost May? It may seem like a silly question, but seriously, how did that happen? I feel like April went by in record speed. I am excited for May, though, and all that it will entail. I love this weather and there are a lot of exciting events coming up!
4) Hunter Walk4Freedom One exciting event is an annual walk that raises money for the Salvation Army Safe House in Australia, and every year, our brothel ministry team heads to this walk with a stall to raise money for the ministry we do. We have done this the past two years, and it helps us to have the funds to bring gifts to the girls each week when we go on outreach. Plus, it’s by a beautiful lake, which always makes for a lovely morning!
5) National Exec Visitors Our base is holding the National Exec and Base Leaders of YWAM Australia meetings later this week before they head to Sydney for the National Leaders Meeting. These meetings are always exciting, but I am particularly excited to host so many legends at our base this weekend. There are people that have decades of experience in missions and ministry and leadership all coming to our base for a few days. It’s awesome to serve them, as well as catch up and learn from them as well.
It’s definitely going to be a very busy week, but I am so looking forward to it!